Friday, August 5, 2011

Testing Video Fit

Hey guys :) So you might have already heard, but recently I’ve been on a book trailer making kick. I’m rather obsessed with it, to be honest. You can check out the ones I made for my friends and CPs Sarah Maas and Savannah Foley below. And yes, I made one for HYBRID that’s 10x better than the one I made last summer, but I’ll be posting that a bit later ;)
Almost all the pics I used for the trailers came from weheartit.com, so the credit-giving can get a little confusing since the person who contributed a pic to weheartit.com often isn’t the original artist. But if you see a pic you particularly like, I can try to direct you to the original artist. Credit where credit is due and all :)
Book trailers are actually a lot like queries; they're all about enticing the reader. You’ve got about 60 sec or less to grab someone’s attention and make them think “oooh, what happens next??” But with queries, unlike with a book trailer, you don’t get epic music or pretty pictures. All you’ve got are your words. But hey, you’re a writer; you’re good with those, right? ;)

(Note: you may want to click through onto Youtube to watch the trailers because my blog may cut off some stuff. I'm not sure)


It's almost finals time, so I've been spending most of my time studying for those. But I've also been outlining HYBRID book 2, which, I have to say, is way more fun :) Oh, and working on the dark fantasy I'd like to finish some time in the next year because seriously, it's been a wip for waaay too long. 

What have you guys been working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment